Bushfire Recovery Bulletin #09
Bega Valley Bushfire Update, 8:40pm Jan 23.
- Princes Highway between Cobargo and the Bermagui Road turn off south of Tilba is expected to remain closed overnight.
- Cobargo - Bermagui Road remains closed. Back burning operations are planned in that area overnight.
- Wallaga Lake - Bermagui Road is open, travel with extreme care.
- Bermi-Tathra Road is open.
- Residents of Fairhaven, Wallaga Lake, Wallaga Lake Heights, Akolele, and Bermagui can return home for the night. Monitor conditions and stay informed.
- Residents of Rocky Hall and surrounds who left their home earlier today as the bushfire escalated should stay where they are for the night and reassess the situation tomorrow.
For an overview/end of the day look at the Big Jack Mountain/Rocky Hall Fire, the Creewah Fire, and the Badja/Dignams Creek/Mumbulla Fire click play on the video below to hear from Marty Webster from Far South Coast Rural Fire Service.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website - https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/ listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW - https://www.livetraffic.com/desktop.html Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at the Bureau of Meteorology - http://www.bom.gov.au/
And check for regular updates on Council's Facebook page.
Rate This Page
Share This Page