Cemetery Advisory Committee
Section 355 of the NSW Local Government Act (1993) allows Council to delegate certain functions to a ‘Committee of the Council.’ The Cemetery Advisory Committee is chaired by a Councillor and made up of nine volunteers and a council officer who provides a secretariat function.
The delegated functions of the Cemetery Advisory Committee are to:
- Make recommendations to Council on any aspect of cemetery management or operation, including policy, procedures and guidelines
- Recommend to Council asset development plans for cemeteries,
- Recommend to Council cemetery fees and charges,
- Recommend financial allocations to individual cemeteries from Council or other funding sources.
The Cemetery Advisory Committee can be contacted via:
- Council’s Hall’s and Cemeteries Officers via phone (02) 6499 2222
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail PO Box 492, Bega, NSW, 2550.
Full details on the function and operation of the Cemetery Advisory Committee can be found in the Bega Valley Shire Council Cemeteries Advisory Committee Guidelines
21 August 2018: Agenda / Minutes
5 June 2018: Agenda / Minutes
20 February 2018: Agenda / Minutes
21 November 2017: Agenda / Minutes
28 August 2017: Agenda / Minutes
Rate This Page
Share This Page