Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement
Have your say on decisions about land use.
Council is seeking feedback from the community on an important document which sets out future directions for how we use the land around us. It covers land uses such as housing, recreation, transport, industry, public open space, cultural activities, agriculture, commerce and natural areas.
The Draft LSPS will be used to guide decisions that Council makes about how land will be used and provide clarity on the types of development that are likely to be supported in certain areas and those that may not.
The draft LSPS outlines Council’s strategic direction for land use to deliver:
- Active and healthy communities
- Employment opportunities
- Sustainable living
- Liveable places
- Connected communities
- plans for new shared paths, a new industrial area and a heritage conservation precinct
- measures to address the mismatches between household size and dwelling size and the distribution of recreation facilities and population.
- actions to reduce red tape for the public use of land, protect farming land, natural areas and towns from the impacts of our changing climate
- actions to reinvigorate town centres, intensify residential development and promote the protection of Aboriginal heritage and culture
Documents on exhibition
Ph: 02 6499 2384
Have Your Say
We are seeking your feedback on our Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement.
Have your say by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: General Manager, Bega Valley Shire Council, PO Box 492, Bega NSW 2550
- Online: Comments can be added at the bottom of this page
- Survey: COMING SOON
Please submit your feedback by Sunday, 3 May 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Related project page
Rate This Page
Share This Page