Public Forums and Presentations
There are two ways you can seek to arrange to address the Council:
- A request to speak at a Public Forum about a matter that has been included in the Agenda for a Council meeting
- A request to make a Presentation to Councillor about activities or items of community interest
- Public Forums are held at 12.00 noon on the day of a Council Meeting, prior to the commencement of the meeting at 2.00 pm and will be live streamed.
- You can request to address Council at a Public Forum only about a matter that is on the Agenda for a meeting.
- Requests to address Council must be in writing on the approved form identifying the item on the agenda about which you wish to speak and can be submitted up until 4 pm on the day before the meeting. Please complete all the fields in the online form marked with an asterix.
- A person may speak on up to three (3) items of business on the Agenda of the Council Meeting.
- No more than three (3) speakers are to speak for and against each item of business and each speaker is allowed 5 minutes only.
- Please refer to Council’s Code of Meeting Practice: Part 4 - Public Forums for the full terms regarding this process.
Presentations to Councillors
- Community organisations, clubs and groups and/or individuals may apply to present to Councillors on their activities or items of community interest.
- Presentations to Councillors will be arranged on Wednesday of non-Council meeting weeks. A maximum of 15 minutes will be allowed for the presentation. Councillors may address questions to the presenter following the presentation.
- Requests to present to Councillors must be submitted in writing via email or letter. A date of the presentation will be determined.
- Presentations to Councillors will be open to the public and there will be advice on Council’s website as to any planned session.
For more information or to requests to present to Councillors, contact the Executive Assistants to the General Manager and Mayor email@example.com or Phone 6499 2104
Rate This Page
Share This Page